Click on the link below to find my profile on the Guide London website AND my online calendar which I try my best to keep up to date. I confess this can be tricky in the busy summer season, so it’s always best to contact me directly.
How to book a tour with Sue Hyde – The Guide
Send me an email with ALL your requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try to include as much as possible so I can come back to you with a plan and a price. This is the sort of info I need:
- Date(s) of tour and start/end point.
- Number of people and ages if young people included.
- Your initial ideas on where you want to visit e.g. Westminster Abbey, Tower of London, London and/or Out-Of-Town.
- Travel plans e.g. do you need to book a car/minibus? Do you want to see London on foot? Do you want to use public transport?
- Let me know if you are a private enquiry or if you are from an organisation, Tour Company/Language School etc.
- Special interests e.g. The Tudors; British Royal family; World War II; America in UK; Religion; Politics; Literature and drama, TV and film theme.
- Any special needs such as wheelchair use, visually impaired, dietary requirements to help me plan where you eat!
Blue Badge Guides work in blocks of time, not by the hour. A half day is up to 4 hours maximum.
Morning tours to finish no later than 13.00
Afternoon tours to start no earlier than 13.30
Evening tours (up to 4 hours maximum)
A full day is up to 9 hours and finishing no later than 18.00.
Out of London (up to 10 hours and finishing no later than 19.00)
An hourly overtime fee is applicable for longer tours.
How to Pay
- For companies, I will send an invoice for BACS payment.
- If you are a private client booking for yourself, for UK-based clients, I will send an invoice for bank transfer.
- Payment by PayPal or Stripe is also available.
Are you looking for a special gift for a friend or family member? Has your mother always wanted to see Westminster Abbey and walk along the Mall feeling like the Queen for an hour? Has your father not visited the Imperial War Museum since 1980? Does your best friend love Gin? Why not buy a ‘Sue Hyde-The Guide’ Gift Voucher and I will design a walk and/or site visit to make this a special present.
Gift Vouchers will include my fee. Where entrance tickets are required, this will be added to the total amount.
- For private group walking tours, I recommend a maximum of 12 people to keep it fun and intimate.
- All engagements are timed from Central London Zone 1. Travel expenses to and from airports and out of Central London venues will be charged.
- Certain English Public Holidays will incur a supplement: Christmas Day – 100% New Year’s Day, Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday and Boxing Day (26th Dec) – 50%
CANCELLATION POLICY: For agencies paying after tour has ended.
If the tour is cancelled more than 7 days before the tour is scheduled to start – 50% of negotiated fee to be charged by guide. If the tour is cancelled within 7 days of the scheduled start – Full fee to be charged by guide.*
CANCELLATION POLICY: For when pre-tour payment has been made.
If the tour is cancelled more than 7 days before the tour is scheduled to start- 50% of negotiated fee can be refunded by the guide. If the tour is cancelled within 7 days of the scheduled start – no refund will be given by the guide.*
*Unless directly due to Covid-19.
NOTE: Bank charges will not be covered by guide.
Similarly, when an extended tour is cancelled with less than one month’s notice, the guide is entitled to claim 50% of the daily touring rate if alternative work on the same dates is not offered.
Here is a PDF of my Full Terms and Conditions.